Wednesday, July 22, 2015

School LIbrary Boot Camp - Digital Resources Exploration

This session was full of a lit of great information about technology that is available to you and your students not only online, but also through the South Dakota State Library.

Jane and Danielle showed a YouTube video on STEM. The main idea that I got from the video is that STEM Education = solving problems.

The discussed the scientific method, which I'll admit, I haven't seen or thought about in a very long time. Also introduced was the "Essential Question". This is something that I had never heard of before, or at least I'd never heard it put this way. I thought that it was a great idea because it is relevant to students, open ended, and fostered discussion. It might be hard making sure that my questions are open ended and are relevant to students, but I look forward to the challenge.

I think that the TPE charts are great. I really enjoyed the exercise that we did and collaborating with others in my group to come up with information and questions. I think that their ideas and point of view challenged me to think about the topic in a way that I never considered.

Jane and Danielle covered information on a variety of online resources available on the SDSL website. I am relatively familiar with these resources as I had just completed the SDSL Online Database Challenge. I thought it was a good refresher and I did learn a few new tricks with a few of theses databases.

No comments:

Post a Comment